Organization:School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Professor and the Dean, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Having been chairperson and Area Studies Director in the Centre for Russian and Central Asian Studies earlier
- having written many books, monographs and articles.
- Short term consultancies with the International Committee of the Red Cross, UNESCO, Action Aid International, UN Women, UN Peace keepers
- Having evaluated the work of organisations like Focus on the Global South and the Asia Europe Peoples Forum
- Having engaged with social movements and civil society organisations
- Professor Chenoy’s books include: The Maoist and Other Armed Conflicts, Penguin, 2010, [Co-authored with Kamal Mitra Chenoy ]; Human Security: Concept and Implications, 2006, Routledge, UK [Co-authored with Shahrbanou Tadjbakhsh]; Militarism and Women in South Asia, Kali Books, New Delhi, 2002; The Making of New Russia, Har Anand Publishers, New Delhi, 2001; “Countering Militarization, Building Peace: The Intersectionality of SCR1325 and the Responsibility to Protect.” (2011)