Name: Pan Jie
Organisation: Great China Institute for Sustainable Development
- Researcher majoring in Anthropology and Japanese Studies
- Her Ph.D thesis is a comparative study on the problem of food safety and the Alternative Food Network practices between Japan and China, based on her fieldwork at KANSAI YOTSUBA Association (the biggest Alternative Food Network in Western Japan) and participative study on China’s on-going Alternative Food Network Movement
- Former junior researcher at the Institute of sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- General secretary of the Great China Institute for Sustainable Development (GCISD)
- Columnist of the “Dialogue on Sustainable Development” on the magazine of Bauhinia Forum in Hong Kong.