Name: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem
Title: Dr. / Professor
Position: Professor of Political Science
Organisation: University of the Philippines, Diliman
She is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- President of the Philippine Political Science Association
- Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee, Philippine Social Science Council
- Chair of the Department of Political Science (2000-2004)
- Director of the Third World Studies Center and editor of Kasarinlan: Philippine Journal of Third World Studies, University of the Philippines, Diliman (2004-2010)
- Visiting Research Scholar at the Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, Japan in 2010
- Visiting Professor at the Graduate School for International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University, Japan from 2010-2011
- Recipient of the Natatanging Guro sa 2009 Gawad Chanselor Award, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- Recipient of nine University of the Philippines System International Publication Awards and four University of the Philippines, Diliman Professorial Centennial Award
- PhD in Politics and Public Administration. University of Hong Kong, 1997
- M.A. Political Science, University of the Philippines, Diliman, 1985
- B.S. Foreign Service (magna cum laude) University of the Philippines, 1976
Articles:Technocracy and the Politics of Economic Decision Making during the Pre-Martial Law Period (1965-1972) (210.6 KB) 2015-12-01 Author: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem.
The Politics of “Educating” the Philippine Technocratic Elite (368.9 KB) 2015-10-06 Author: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem.
Negotiating North-South Dynamics and the Philippine Experience in the WTO (165.8 KB) 2015-05-08 Author: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem.
Social Capital and the Martial Law Technocracy: The Making and Unmaking of a Power Elite (440.0 KB) 2013-03-05 Author: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem.
Virata: the Trials and Tribulations of a “Chief Technocrat” (129.4 KB) 2012-05-24 Author: Teresa S. Encarnacion Tadem.